This article is part of Precious Plastic, a One Army project tackling the plastic waste problem. You can learn morehere
We’re officially welcoming more people on board to join the Precious Plastic team in Eindhoven, starting in January 2019.
We’ve made friends, shared lots of great experiences, set the whole Version 4 in motion and already achieved great things. But unfortunately, the much scary visa deadline has finally dropped upon us with up to 15 people having to leave. We’re not gonna get into our ideas on borders, people and bureaucracy but the reality is, we need more people.
If the opportunity to work on one of the greatest challenges facing humanity and the planet wasn’t enough below is a list of unique perks of working with us:
- Food. The most excellent vegan food is cooked daily by our chefs. Three times a day. Healthy and tasty. 🍆🍠🍰🌶
- Accommodation. We have 8 houses to accommodate all volunteers. Ten minutes cycling from the workspace.
- Community. Joining the team means tapping in a unique community of people helping and caring for each other. Careful, it’s addictive 🤗
- Purpose. Working on Precious Plastic offers a rare opportunity to work on a meaningful project driven by a shared vision to find solutions to tackle one of the greatest challenges facing sapiens.
- Open. We believe an open environment can bring out the best from people. In our team people are free to take the path they deem as most effective to reach a solution to the problem.
- Yoga and meditation sessions.
Below is a list of tasks becoming available from January. All positions are on a voluntary basis. We cover all living costs. Here you go:
- Engineers: for the coming month we will focus big time on machine development. We need engineers to work on our extrusion machine, shredded and make the machines more safe.
- Robotics. We got a robot arm onboard. Our friend Bradford helped us choosing the best one, but he now has to leave. We need someone to replace him that can make “the thing” move 😄
- Web developers. In the past month, we made great steps ahead when it comes to the user experience (UX) of an improved platform to help people collaborate worldwide. We now need to get on with coding. Join our team locally or contribute remotely. Here you can find our contributing guidelines to get you going.
- UI. We also need one more user interface designer (UI) to join Nico and our web team and refine our design system for the new platform.
To apply simply head to this webpage and apply for the position you’d like to help us with. We’ll be in touch as soon as possible.
Good luck out there, and remember to be kind to one another.